MN State Convention “It’s in Minnesota Women’s Nature”
The AAUW Grand Rapids Branch and the AAUW Minnesota State Board cordially invite all AAUW members of Minnesota to attend the 2019 State Convention in Grand Rapids, MN from Friday, April 26th through Saturday, April 27th, 2019.
- A Work Smart Workshop will be offered on Friday from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Registration will begin Friday at 1:00 p.m. at the Timberlake Lodge and Event Center and continue on Saturday until 1:00 p.m. Free parking is available.
- We will begin with optional activities at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, which include a visit to the MN Historical Society Forest History Center, the Itasca Historical Center, or the Judy Garland Museum.
- A social hour with a cash bar will be held from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. on Friday. Our guest speaker will be Dr. Kathy Annette, President/CEO of the Blandin Foundation.
- Officer Training will be offered Saturday morning from 8:00 to 9:00 a.m.; and the Opening Ceremonies will begin at 9:10 a.m.
- We will hear from our LAF speaker before our business meeting.
- Resolution information – You must read the information from the AAUW MN Resolutions Committee and then use the resolution template to submit your resolution.
- Our AAUW lunch speaker will be our own Karen Kirkwood, an AAUW National Director.
- Our varied and informative workshop sessions will be in the afternoon.
Silent Auction Information
- The “Garden Theme” Silent Auction will be open throughout the convention.
- Silent auction items can be brought in Friday afternoon and set up from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- The Silent Auction will be open from 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. for preview on Friday and open on Saturday morning at 8:30 a.m. and remain open until 4:15 p.m.
- A block of rooms has been reserved at the Timberlake Lodge.
- Lodging is also available at the Super 8 motel which shares the same parking lot with the Timberlake Lodge.
- Information and rates for making your reservation are on the Registration Form.
2018 Convention Minutes