Ely Branch

The American Association of University Women Ely Branch was organized on October 21, 1926 with 24 Charter Members. The organizational meeting was held at the Ely Memorial High School’s newly dedicated building.

The purpose of the group was to give the women of Ely with college degrees more opportunity to become acquainted, to exchange ideas, and to cooperate with AAUW National to focus on a program of work having both local, state, and national applications.

With 24 members in 1926, the membership numbers have varied over the years with only 14 members in 1933-1934 and 88 members in 1970-1971. The Branch currently has 52 members and continues to grow. With our strong community connections and partnerships with other local organizations, including Vermilion Community College we continue to promote AAUW’s mission through mission based programs, scholarships, and community events and projects.

For more information about the AAUW Ely Branch, contact: Teresa Sagen tksagen@gmail.com

Or Lucy Diesslin lucydiesslin@gmail.com

 

Newsletters

2022

January 2022 Northwoods News

2021

2018

2017

2016